My Life between Med School and Programming



Many people have asked me, How you can find time for your blog and learning new things about programming and find time for my med school?
I always answer the same way, when you are passionate about something you will always  find time for them. of course I love both medicine and programming and of course it's not easy to find time for both of them because as you know medicine contains too much information that you have to learn and you need a lot of time to learn these information.
my secret is that I prepare my blog post during my summer vacation and other vacation. during my study period, I always focus on my study and in my free time ( launch or breaks ) I always find inspiration by seeing other people work on dribbble and Behance. it's simple to do both when you have the motivation, for me my blog and my Youtube channel was enough for me to learn new things about web design and programming, and my passion for medicine and for public health was also enough for continuing to study and to improve my knowledge about biology, medicine and public health.
I will expose to you some of the questions that people asked me about programming and medicine and my answer

how you have learned to program while you are in med school?

hopefully, I started to learn programming and design at an early age, I started to design when I have 8 years old and programming at the age of 12 so I had  a lot of time to learn to program before I started my medical study, when I become a medical student it was hard for me to learn new technology and of course I forgot some of what I learned because I didn't find enough time to practice. to deal with that I always do simple task during my free times and I always divide complex tasks that need more times on simple task and make every task alone. this strategy helped me a lot during my study and it allowed me to manage my blog and my youtube channel.

where you find inspiration for your works? 

mostly I always dream about new works, I know that this seems funny but it's the truth, I always think about new way to improve my design and I always test new things and see if it work or not.
I also visit Behance, dribble and YouTube to see others works and get inspired by them, another way that will allow you to get inspired is to work in a group and believe it was the best way to work faster.

why you started programming while you were in med school?

I have started programming even before my med school but I stopped for a year and I returned to learn it during my medical education.
many reasons have pushed me to continue programming while I was in med school, the first is that I wanted to develop medical science and continue in research and the best way to understand new concept and develop new technique is through programming, we all know that medicine like other science  work with data, and what is the best way to treat data and manipulate it, it's of course programming, I believe that everything on this planet has its own algorithm and by understanding the algorithm of cell and biochemical process inside our body  we will be able to create new treatment and cure diseases.
the second reasons are that I needed money, as you can know med school cost a lot of money and it's not practical to have part-time jobs in med school because simply we don't have time, so I needed a freelance job and considering that I was good at web design I started as a freelance web designer to get some money.

Any advice for people who want to learn to program?

one advice, just start it, if you are passionate about programming and you really want to learn it you can do it, it doesn't matter how old are you or what you do for living, if you want to learn something you just need motivation that's the key of success, you should always push yourself to break your limits, that's the only advice that I can give to everyone who wants to learn programming or anything else. 


My Life between Med School and Programming My Life between Med School and Programming Reviewed by Medics on May 31, 2019 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. Hello I Recently gave NEET exam
    And I am fond of programming. I need your advice as because you are the only kinda person like me
    Can I contact you on whatsapp please

    ReplyDelete

-->
Powered by Blogger.